Просм.: 49|Ответить: 0

algary’s 17-20-4 h

[Скопировать ссылку]

Темы

Баланс

Легенда форума

Баланс
Опубликовано 2018-8-10 11:42:14 | Показать все сообщения |Режим чтения
The Tampa Bay Lightning have been just as resilient in the Stanley Cup playoffs as they’ve been all season.

Challenged by coach Jon Cooper to compete harder and raise their level of play after dropping the opener of their second-round series against the Boston Bruins Malik Jefferson Color Rush Jersey , the top seed in the Eastern Conference responded with a 4-2 victory in Game 2 of the best-of-seven matchup Monday night.

Brayden Point had an empty-net goal and three assists. He also teamed with Tyler Johnson and Ondrej Palat to slow down Boston’s high-scoring line of Patrice Bergeron, David Pastrnak and Brad Marchand.

Game 3 is Wednesday night in Boston.

”It feels good. I thought we played well,” Point said after posting just the third four-point game in Tampa Bay’s history. ”We had a tough night in Game 1. I thought we came back tonight knowing we’d end up better.”

Point assisted on Tampa Bay’s first three goals before sealing the win with his empty-netter with 25.2 seconds left.

Yanni Gourde had a first-period goal and Johnson and Palat also scored for the Lightning, which rebounded from a 6-2 loss in Game 1.

”We needed to have a bounce back, we needed to have an answer, and I thought we did that,” Johnson said. ”I thought we competed really hard, I thought we played well and we got rewarded with some chances and some opportunities.”

Bergeron, Pastrnak and Marchand combined for three goals and 11 points in the opener, with most of the damage coming while Point’s line was trying to contain them. They had four more points in Game 2, but were unable to take over the game.

Cooper said he never considered changing the matchup against Boston’s top line.

”I honestly didn’t. … We know they can do it. We have faith in them, and I thought they were outstanding tonight Jeff Locke Color Rush Jersey ,” Cooper said before turning his attention back to Point.

”The kid’s a hockey player and he competes hard,” Cooper said. ”Trust me, if there was any talk of pulling him off that line, I think those three guys would have marched right into my room and said, `What are you doing?”’

Charlie McAvoy scored for the Bruins late in the first period. Torey Krug’s late goal trimmed Tampa Bay’s lead to 3-2 with just over four minutes remaining.

Tampa Bay’s Andrei Vasilevskiy stopped 18 shots. Tuukka Rask finished with 27 saves for Boston.

”They lost 6-2 at home and didn’t feel good about their game. So, you’ve got to expect they’re going to come out and play hard,” Boston coach Bruce Cassidy said. ”I expect it in Game 3 going forward. They’ll play hard and so will we.”

The Lightning had nearly twice as many scoring opportunities as the Bruins in the series opener and controlled play early Monday night, getting off the first 10 shots of the game and taking a 1-0 lead on Gourde’s power-play goal at 11:47 of the first period.

With the exception of failing to taking advantage of a long 5-on-3 power play, the Bruins made the most of limited chances, with the Bergeron line leading the way.

McAvoy’s goal, with Bergeron and Marchand assisting, made it 1-1. Pastrnak and Marchand set up Krug’s goal to keep the Bruins close.

The Bergeron line has 12 goals and 41 points in Boston’s five playoff wins. The four assists Monday night are the only points the trio has delivered in four losses.

”I know they had a good game Adrian Clayborn Color Rush Jersey , but I think it’s more on us,” Pastrnak said of the play of Point’s line. ”We’ve got to be better Wednesday.”

McAvoy said no one should be surprised the series is tied headed to Boston for the next two games.

”You want to sweep every series, obviously. But how attainable is that?” the defenseman said.

”We’re down to the last eight teams in the league. Every team here belongs here. These guys are a great team. We were battling with them all year for first place in the standings,” McAvoy added. ”We know they’re a good team, but we’re a good team as well. So, this is going to be a tight series. I don’t think anybody doubts that.”

NOTES: The Lightning have not fallen behind 2-0 in a playoff series since the 2014 Eastern Conference quarterfinals against Montreal. … Bruins defenseman Zdeno Chara appeared in his 111th playoff game, tying Rick Middleton for fourth place on Boston’s career list. It was the 109th playoff game for Bergeron, tied with John Bucyk for the sixth-most in franchise history. … With his 24th career playoff goal, Johnson pulled even with Vincent Lecavalier for third on Tampa Bay’s all-time list.

It was a bittersweet night for rookie center Mark Jankowski.

Jankowski scored four times, and the Calgary Flames finished off a disappointing season with a 7-1 victory over the Vegas Golden Knights on Saturday.

”Not the way we wanted it to end, we want to keep on playing, but definitely a building year Tre'Quan Smith Color Rush Jersey ,” said the 23-year-old Jankowski, who had just three points in his previous 18 games. ”I just take everything I learned this year from all the vets and use that as fuel in the summer to come back into camp and even better player.”

Calgary entered the night in an offensive funk, having mustered only nine goals over the previous nine games, eight of them losses. The seven goals was the club’s biggest offensive outburst since a 7-4 victory over St. Louis on Nov. 13.

”It’s one of those things. Tonight, for some reason, everything bounced in and I think we could have had even more,” Flames captain Mark Giordano said. ”It’s nice to end it on that note, but it’s been a tough year and obviously a disappointing year.”

Before the game, players from both teams and the officials formed a circle at center ice for a moment of silence for the 15 people who lost their lives in the Humboldt Broncos bus accident.

”You have those guys, that community, the team, on your mind all day JK Scott Color Rush Jersey ,” Giordano said. ”We’re one big community, the hockey community, there’s a lot of people feeling this one.”

Afterward, the Saddledome crowd broke into a chant of ”Broncos! Broncos!”

”We talked a lot to our guys about the emotion and the purity of the game,” Flames coach Glen Gulutzan said. ”Just think about the young men on that bus, who would love to be in the seats that we are. That was their goal and we wanted to play as well as we can to honor that.”

Spencer Foo, Garnet Hathaway and Johnny Gaudreau also scored for the Flames (37-35-10), who missed the playoffs for the seventh time in the past nine seasons. A big factor was Calgary’s 17-20-4 home record, its worst mark since 2000-01.

Cody Eakin scored for Vegas (51-24-7), which finished first in the Pacific Division and will open the playoffs on home ice against Los Angeles. Vegas is the first modern-era expansion team in any of the four North America pro spots to win its division in its first season.

”Right from the start it’s been a fun season,” goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury said. ”It’s fun to be a part of this team and this organization through it all. I’m really proud of the way this team has done throughout the season. Playoffs are fun, intense Marquez Valdes-Scantling Color Rush Jersey , exciting. I’m looking forward to getting it going.”

Golden Knights veteran James Neal was impressed at how quickly the team gelled after being thrown together at the expansion draft.

”What impressed me most about our group is the consistency we played with, the way we rolled four lines, we counted on each player and needed each guy every night and every guy brought their game,” he said.

Down 3-0 after the first period, Vegas scored 51 seconds into the second. But the Flames responded with three more unanswered goals before the period ended.

Jankowski secured his first NHL hat trick with a short-handed goal at 18:06, bringing over 100 hats raining down onto the ice.

He completed the scoring at 1:32 of the third. It was Calgary’s first power-play goal in 14 games, snapping a 0-for-35 skid.

Jon Gillies had 26 stops for Calgary. Fleury gave up six goals on 18 shots before being replaced to start the third period. Malcolm Subban had 12 stops in relief.

NOTES: Both teams wore Humboldt Broncos decals on their helmet. The Flames also announced they were donating their $84,055 half of the 50/50 prize pot to those affected by Friday’s tragedy.

UP NEXT

Golden Knights: Face Los Angeles in the first round of the playoffs.

Flames: Offseason.

Чтобы ответить, вам надо авторизироваться в системе Вход | Регистрация

Правила начислений

Закрыть

Важная информацияНазад /1 Вперед

Архив|Мобильная версия|Черный список|По-русски в Литве   Hey.lt - Nemokamas lankytojų skaitliukas

GMT+2, 2018-8-19 20:51 , Processed in 0.150405 second(s), 23 queries .